Sunday, November 4, 2018

Blog #1: 'True Prosperity'

Prosperity Blog #1: 'True Prosperity' 

by Pastor Peter Samuels

 This is based on Chapter 21 of my Discipleship Training Course. Welcome to my first blog on prosperity. I found this chapter the hardest to write in my discipleship training course. I had already written a chapter on Giving but I still felt that I needed to add something. I am really looking forward to sharing with you and also hearing your feedback. Jesus said, “Where your treasure is there your heart shall be also” (Matthew 6:21).

What do you value most in life?

 To prosper means, “to cause to succeed or thrive” (Merriam-Webster). People want to be successful and to thrive for different reasons, some of them a good and upright but others might be questionable. We need to guard our hearts because they are the wellspring of life (Proverbs 4:23).

Whilst thriving and being successful appears to be a good thing it can also become a snare if we place too much emphasis upon it. This has caused some Christians to overcompensate and to criticise and judge others who teach and practice the principles of prosperity. This division between pro-prosperity and anti-prosperity Christians needs to be healed! There is only one body. We should make every effort to keep the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace (Ephesians 4:3).

No one has a monopoly on the truth. Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life (John 14:6). We need more of Him and His Word in our lives even though it might pierce us like a two-edged sword, judging the thoughts and attitudes of our hearts (Hebrews 4:12).

Thanks for reading and I look forward to sharing with you again soon! Would you do me a quick favour? Drop your comments below on your best tip today. Also Like and Share this message with your friends.

I appreciate you!

Pastor Peter Samuels

Check out the complete Discipleship Training Course at 
http://tinyurl.com/disc-train-course


4 comments:

  1. Welcome everyone to this blog! I hope you will see it as OUR blog rather than MY blog.

    My purpose in writing it is not to give answers but to start a conversation about a balanced Biblical approach to prosperity.

    I am particularly interested in sharing this discussion with believers in Rwanda where I have been visiting recently. However, everyone is welcome to join in.

    Proverbs 13:17 states that a faithful envoy is health. Jeremiah 23:22 emphasises the importance of standing in the LORD's presence in order to bring His word to His people. Ephesians 4:15-16 states that we need to speak the truth in love so that the body of Christ will be properly connected and grow and build itself up in love.

    I look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for reading my blog and comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Big 'Thank you' to my hubby Pst Peter for responding to the call to make this educational info available to all. I've personally learnt a lot through these lessons.

      Indeed we are daily renewing our minds as we seek the path of peace, truth and everlasting life. The entrance of the Word brings life.

      That's my prayer for all who choose to learn from, embrace and grow using these divine principles of embracing an abundant life as the living Word of God teaches us.

      I look forward to more comments and insight being shared on this platform.

      Delete
  2. And a big thank you to my wife, Dr Jackie Samuels, for hosting this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Precious Peter for the honour of serving in this way.

    ReplyDelete